Study in Singapore
MUCH MORE THAN YOU IMAGINED
- Population: 5.8 Million (2019)
- Area: 725.1 sq km (280.0 sq miles)
- Major language: English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
- Major religion: Buddhism, Christianity, Islam
- Life expectancy: 80.5 years (men), 84 years (women) (UN)
- Monetary unit: 11 Singapore Dollar (S$) = 132 LKR
- Main exports: Electrical equipment, Machinery, Mineral fuels, and Optical, technical, medical apparatus
- GNI per capita: US $58,770 (World Bank, 2018)
- International dialing code: +65
Why Study in Singapore?
- Dubbed as the most “technology ready nation”, Singapore’s education services are supported by the latest, cutting edge technology which has resulted in the education institutes being equipped with top-notch
- The internationalization of the education system in Singapore has led to 6 of its public universities securing ranks among the top 20 in the world.
- Also, Singapore is one of the most economic options for students whose aspirations are set on pursuing
higher education abroad.
- A robust selling point for attracting Business students to Singapore lies in its business-friendly nature. This is the result of the presence of many multinational corporate giants and massive business investments in the country.
- Given the perfect amalgamation of different cultures, no international students will feel alienated in this inter-
- Singapore is also called as the Garden City, for its network of green parks, iconic skylines and futuristic
attractions, making it a beautiful and vibrant place to live in.
- With a booming economy and a corruption-free society, the country has a very low crime rate and a high
level of safety.