Study in Malaysia
MUCH MORE THAN YOU IMAGINED
Capital: Kuala Lumpur
Largest city: Kuala Lumpur
Area: 330,803 sq km
Major language: Malay, English
Major religion: Islam & Buddhism
Life expectancy: 80 years (men), 83 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: Ringgit (MYR) = LKR 44.00
Main exports: Electrical Machinery, Mineral Fuels, Computers, Optical, Technical, Medical Apparatus
GNI per capita: US $28,650 (World Bank, 2019)
International dialing code: +60
Why Study in Malaysia?
- Malaysia is quickly becoming a top study destination for students from all over the world, ranking 9th on UNESCO’s top countries for international students in 2015. Studying in Malaysia will give you a better understanding of Asia’s growing importance in today’s globalized world.
- Some colleges or universities in Malaysia have articulation agreements and credit recognition arrangements with foreign university partners that document formal agreements for the provision of academic credit or qualification recognition. It is also common for some professional bodies to offer exemptions of certain modules or subjects that are deemed to have met the minimum study requirements. These arrangements undergo stringent audits before they are approved, and are a testimony of the quality of education offered by private colleges and universities in Malaysia.
- The official and national language of Malaysia is Malaysian, which is a standardized form of the Malay language. However, since most of the people in Malaysia understand and speak English very well, there is no crucial need for you to master the Malaysian language. A semester or two in Malaysia gives you a great opportunity to improve your English skills.
- International students are often amazed by how low the living expenses in Malaysia are. In Malaysia, you get high quality of life at a low cost. As an international student, you can live comfortably with just about 1100 MYR a month, inclusive of food, accommodation, and other daily expenses. Swimming pools are not a rare sight. Interested in affordable five-star hotel luxury accommodation even as a student? In Malaysia it is possible!
- Malaysia is a country of contrasts and surprises, a bubbly blend of people and ideologies. The laid-back, friendly Malaysians love to socialize and welcome you to their country with a smile. The stunning variety of attractions and free-time activities in the thrilling metropolitan area of Kuala Lumpur and the natural wonders of Malaysia such as Langkawi, Taman Negara, and Cameron Highlands ensure you will never run out of things to see and do.